Hey, Portland First People! We are just a couple of weeks away from our Trunk-or-Treat event, and we are so excited about this opportunity to bless and serve members of our community. Invitations are being delivered to 1,766 homes this week! All of these homes are within a two-mile radius of the church and have children twelve-years-old or younger. What an awesome opportunity God has give us to invest in these families.
If you have been on the fence about serving at this event, can I encourage you to participate? We really need your help to make this event all that it can be for our community. We still need lots of people who would be willing to bring their car and participate in the Trunk-or-Treat portion of the evening. In addition to that, we need people willing to coordinate the Cake Walk, Food Service, and Parking Team. If you would be willing to serve in any of these areas, please register here.
If you would be willing to bring your car but are unable to stay outside for the two hours of the event, please contact me, and we will find someone to partner with you as needed.
We believe prayer is an important part of everything we do, and we have had a team praying for this event for weeks. Please join us as we pray for the following things:
- Pray that God would go before us and begin to draw families to this event.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to influence every home who receives a mailer to be open to our invitation.
- Pray that God would bless us with good weather for this event.
- Ask God to continue to give us wisdom as we plan the event.
- Pray for our volunteers, that God would use them to connect well with our guests and to represent Him in a way that brings glory to God.
- Pray that all of our guests would experience something that would change their view of God and the church in a positive way.
- Ask that the Holy Spirit would draw them to a church where they can meet and fall in love with Jesus.
Thanks in advance for making this a great event! We believe God is going to use it to impact our neighbors for Him.
Brandin Melton, Lead Pastor